- Duan Yishan, Chinese Medicine Periodicals from the Late Qing and Republican China: An Overview, translated by Stephen Boyanton (New York: Brill, 2019).
- “The Treatise on Cold Damage and the Formation of Literati Medicine: Social, Epidemiological, and Medical Change in China 1000-1400,” (PhD Dissertation Columbia University, 2015).
- “The Canonicity of the Yellow Emperor’s Inner Classic, Han through Song,” in Vivienne Lo and Michael Stanley-Baker eds., Routledge Handbook of Chinese Medicine, (New York: Routledge, forthcoming).
Published Conference Presentations
- “The Medical Classics and Clinical Argument in the Northern Song,” PKU-UCL International Conference on Medical Humanities, Peking University, October 15-17, 2015.
- “The Problem with Common Physicians and its Solutions in the Northern Song Dynasty,” Conference on Middle Period China, 800-1400, Harvard University, June 5-7, 2014.
Academic Blog Posts
- “The Doctor, the Scholar (and the Meditator?) in Middle Period China,” AsianMedicineZone.com, June 2, 2016.
- “From Text to Case and Back Again: The Codification of Ye Gui’s Clinical Experience in Systematic Differentiation of Warm Disease,” AsianMedicineZone.com, February 15, 2016.
- “The Hermeneutics of a Song Dynasty Case Record,” AsianMedicineZone.com, November 25, 2015.